Top Five Tips to Increase Your Productivity
1) Make to-do lists at the end of the day – It can be difficult to find the time to create a to-do list at the end of your day, but you will be thankful for it in the morning! Creating a to-do list will ease any stress you have about upcoming work/deadlines and allow you have to have a realistic vision of the work that is needed to be done.
2) Prioritize and Delegate where you can! – By prioritizing your tasks you can see clearly what work is more urgent than others. Some people are afraid to delegate, but if you feel a project is too big, do not be afraid to ask for help from your colleagues. You never know they may have wanted a piece of the action and didn’t want to ask!
3) Create Chunks Of Time – When you have worked out what you need to do, try to plan out your day in terms of time so that you are able to schedule in when you can work solidly for between 45 to 90 minutes. You may mind that you are much more productive in this time, as you will be more relaxed in knowing you have planned the work into your day.
4) Stop any distractions – Distractions can be a huge roadblock to somebody who cannot concentrate. If you can, put your phone in the top drawer of your desk so you are not tempted and encourage music to be at a low-level around you. Maintain a workspace that is organized and clean and rid of anything that is cluttering up the space.
5) Take breaks – As much as you would like to work continuously in order to get your work done, a break now and then can be very productive. If your workplace allows, step away from your workspace and go for a walk, or a coffee elsewhere, to get out of the work mind set. Even a few minutes can make all the difference and help you come back to the office feeling fresh and revived.