We are working with a leading technology company who are looking to add an experienced data scientist to their team. They are looking for someone who can analyse, segment and predict their customers brand engagement, in order to help better understand and ultimately monetise the process for the brand. You will be part of a large analytics offering and working alongside and educating different company teams on the opportunities that exist through data science.
The role of the Data Scientist:
- Working alongside the development, digital and business strategy teams to develop a long term strategy for the growth of the analytics offering within the organisation
- Translate business needs into technical requirements and ensure their smooth and timely delivery
- Working alongside other data scientists and researchers on BAU and adhoc analytical projects
- Reporting into the Big Data lead
The requirements of the Data Scientist:
- Strong analytical/data background from demonstrable experience working within a commercial setting
- Strong SQL experience with a number of years of practical application
- Experience of working with various big data systems (Hadoop, Hive, Map reduce…)
- Team management experience is desirable but not a prerequisite
- International Technology Company
- Products and projects across home electronics, mobile devices, apps.
- Global presence and highly regarded brand in the market
- Growing business analytics/data insights team