Having raised nearly £9 million from some of the world’s leading VC’s our client is arguably one of the fastest growing startups in the UK in a very exciting space. The team is hugely passionate about making an impact and innovation, having worked for some of the world’s best-known startups. They are looking for like-minded individuals to join the team.
They are now seeking a Chief Architect to help continue to develop, extend, and scale the platform. This is an opportunity to join a brilliantly experienced and diverse team and demonstrate your ability to work well in a fast-paced startup environment. As the ideal candidate for this job, you are highly effective and feel comfortable in a self-managed role, but we are extremely focused on building a strong development culture and are willing to let developers work from home at times.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the backend application, which serves the iOS, Android and web apps
- The backend is based on a Rails Grape API and hosted on Heroku
- They’re considering gradually adding Elixir to the stack to improve response time as they scale
- Experienced with Ruby on Rails and building REST APIs
- Comfortable following the best practices like testing (RSpec), refactoring, and writing clear, expressive code
- Good at designing software that will be flexible in face of changing requirements
- Detail oriented and don’t consider a task finished until it’s working without any issues, looks perfect and
contains no bugs. If (and when!) bugs do arise, you will be expected to take ownership of the problem and see it through to completion
- We are located in Holborn, WC2, with great travel links and access to a fantastic range of restaurants, which
the team frequently visit together.
- Competitive salary plus equity in a fast growing start-up.
- Regular team building events, such as mini golf, or good old Friday after-work drinks
- Benefits such as free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, health insurance and plenty more!
They’re trying hard to build a strong development culture, allowing flexible home working arrangements and massively encourage the sharing of opinions as long as it’s all in aid of seeking out the best solution.